Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cares of The Heart

Proverbs 24:30-34 Excerpt by David McCasland from Our Daily Bread

.......Along with the practical instruction about diligence in work, I find an application for the care of my soul.  The whistles of self interest grow naturally within me, while the fruit that pleases God required constant weeding and watering through prayer, confession, and obedience to theLord.  Without these, the soil of my heart will become choked with the thorns of trivial pursuits and greed.....

A Lesson Learned: Do not become so consumed with fulfillment of our self-interests in our natural lives that we neglect God's desire to fulfill His purpose in our spiritual lives.  We need to spend just as much time and more pursuing God's will and purpose for us as we do building a business, writing a proposal, or doing a project for school or work. 

Pleasing God spiritually will open doors for us to be able to accomplish our natural goals.  We need spiritual wisdom and direction in our spiritual affairs which gives us direction for our natural affairs.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4.  When I started my home-based business I found myself spending countless hours on the internet, reading, searching, trying to find several avenues of marketing the business, but I know it was God letting me know that I need to spend just as much time reading, searching and finding avenues to tell people about Him. So now, before I start on my business, I start with Him. Whether it's reading a Bible passage, a spiritual passage, a prayer. He is the one who gives me the power to get wealth, so I need to put Him first.  I'm grateful for all that He has done for me and will continue to do.

Be Blessed, Be Inspired, Stay Positive and Be Encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment