Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

One Day The Advice You Take Will Be Your Own

Happy Middle of The Week! I hope that everyone is enjoying their day on PURPOSE! I've been away for a few days. I had to step back and reevaluate, research, re-strategize and here I am, back in the race. Many of you who have read my posts know that I always do my best to write from the heart, because if I speak from the heart it will touch the heart. I learned a long time ago that God blessed me with writing as an outlet. I prefer to write because I usually don't forget what I had to say. But even through writing, He has also developed my verbal communication (I still prefer writing though). I also learned that the motivation and encouragement you give others, sometimes you find yourself in a position where you have to encourage and motivate yourself. The advice that you give to others to keep praying, pressing and pushing with perseverance, you find yourself in a position that you have to do the very same thing. In order for us to teach others, we have to first become students ourselves and by our experiences, I believe more people will accept what you are saying because you're not talking about something that you read or heard but something that you have been through and come out of. That is the key, in the midst of you going through did you keep praying, pressing and persevering until you came out? The past few days I found myself in this very same position. God knows that I desire to not just be a great mom, step-mom, wife and friend but to be able to make sure my household lacks nothing. I'm aiming for that Proverbs 31 woman. I am blessed to have a husband that loves me and supports me in whatever decisions I make and for that he knows that I've got his back. 

My month of September didn't yield any 'financial fruit' and yes I was disappointed to the point of tears. I didn't 'work' as hard as I usually do for a few days, I had to make some decisions I didn't want to make and I was really starting to lose hope. Although I felt this way I still continued to pray, because no matter what it looks like, my faith is NOT shaken. Today I decided alright Carla, you've been down long enough, get up, get back on it! It's still new, it's only been a couple of months and you're still finding your way. So I did just that. I got up! I fed my little miss, got on this computer, put on some uplifting spiritual music and I'm back at it again. A few lyrics of a song by Marvin Sapp came to mind and it says 'this not the time or the place, just believe keep the faith, gotta learn how to wait, keep holding on....' In the beginning he says this is not the time to question your faith....this is not the time for giving up.....this is not the time to throw in the towel....' I think of this experience as the 'refiner's fire' In Zechariah 13:9 it says "And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'" Every test has it's purpose and a lesson to be learned. I know that if I keep on going, persevering, not giving up I will learn the lessons I need to learn and I will shine as pure gold. 

We will all have moments where we want to throw in the towel, we are human, we have feelings and emotions, but sometimes we have to sit on those feelings and get even more determined and with a 'no matter what' attitude, KEEP IT MOVING! So if you've ever given good, sound advice, there will come a day when you have to take it yourself.
********************************************************************
Own your OWN SoyL Scents Candle Business for FREE during the month of October! 35% Commission and 35% of Retail! Sign up for $4.99 and receive a coupon for $5.00 of your first purchase of $25.00 or more placed within 30 days.  Our candles are made from 100% soybean and are eco-friendly. We also have soaps, tarts, candle gems and melter gems (a beautiful ring inside) and MORE! Our candles burn cleaner and last longer! Over 70 fragrances! One of the MANY Beautiful Rings in Our Candle Gem! 
Visit www.soy-wonderful.com
  

Own your OWN Kitsy Lane Jewelry and Accessories Boutique for FREE!! Sign up, name your store, design your storefront, select your merchandise and your store is ready to open. In my boutique is a beautiful array of jewelry and accessories for your Little Miss, Special Lady or your Special Guy! Jewelry that can be worn during the day or night, for special occasions or just to make a statement. 
Visit So Pretty Jewelry at www.soprettyjewelry.com (Use this code 8MTT79T4VF and receive $20 off your first purchase of $45 or more! This code can only be used once so the first person to use it will receive the discount. Code expires 10/16/13 at 11:59pm



4 comments:

  1. Great blog Carla! How quickly people grow a home business varies dramatically, but I have found that very few people begin making money - at least not consistently - for the first 3-4 months. It takes conviction, patience, commitment and self-motivation to start and grow a home business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does. It's truly a test of patience and endurance. I can't stand ads that say you can make $50,000 by next week. Seriously? I mean at least they can be more realistic, but whatever numbers they 'promise' it's still going to take work.

      Delete
  2. Great article Carla. You made some very good points here. Sometimes you have to take your own advice and make improvements in self and actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Angela. Sometimes we get a lightbulb moment from advice we have given others.

    ReplyDelete