Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 3, 2012

Oh So Natural!


Photo Courtesy of Yahoo!:Shine
http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/black-beauty-trend-oprah-rocks-her-natural-hair-184400770.html;_ylt=A2KLOzKp9BtQHm4ACh4hmolQ
 Oprah is ROCKING THAT NATURAL FRO! and I'm loving it!

ON this month's cover of O Magazine, Oprah is wearing her natural hair and it is gorgeous! I think it's an inspiration and encouragement to many, like myself, who want to go 'oh so natural.' Some say it may be a twist out or a braid out on her relaxed hair but I don't care.  Twist out, braid out, blow out, it is really beautiful.

I decided to 'attempt' to go natural myself.  I haven't relaxed my hair since May 19th of this year, so I really a newbie on this natural hair journey. My natural hair is fairly thick, so I'm going to see how this journey goes. I must say, I do like my 'introductory waves', meaning I don't have a whole lot of new growth but it's noticeable. I am not so bold as to do the 'big chop' just yet. I just don't think I'll look right in a 'Teeny Weeny Afro' or TWA. My hair has always been long and although I have cut it some, I still have a lot of length to it. However, I have been doing twist-outs and I really like the look. I didn't think I would be a big fan of 'big hair', but I've gotten complements on it.

I got on alot of highlighter. It didn't look that way before I left the house. But, I like to use Cantu Shea Butter strengthening treatment, B&B Foam Wrapping Lotion, and Africa's Best Herbal Oil. I twisted my hair , rolled up the ends and let it airdry overnight. I must say, I really liked the way it came out.  I've done a couple since then. Usually after the first day, I put it in a high ponytail and decorate it with a flower or colorful hair decoration.

Another time I did a Twist-Out I used Murray's Gel Loc-Lock. I will never use that again. My hair was so hard to the point I couldn't even comb it out. I ended up just shampooing and conditioning it. So, I think I'll just stick to my three products that I do like and maybe try out a few others just to see how well I like or don't like them. I'm excited about go natural, so I'll definitely keep you posted.

Until next post, BE BLESSED, BE SAFE AND SMILE!

3 comments:

  1. Another great product to try is Nairobi Foam Wrapping Lotion. You have to order it online. It's like $8. That may be pricey but a little definitely goes a long way. It also controls frizz so when the humidity kicks up it keeps your hair from looking like a poof ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to also recommend this to my friend in Chicago. Shes been natural for about six months now. I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told you Iesia is adorable and she looks like her brothers. I'm glad you were able to see how big your step-sons are getting and they had the opportunity to meet their sister. Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete