Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Charlotte's New B-Cycle Program

HAPPY SATURDAY! It's almost the middle of the month, half the year is gone, and it's still in the 80s. Anyway, greeting my FABULOUS readers! I hope that you are enjoying the beginning of your weekend. 

Soooooo.....Charlotte launched their B-Cycle Program on August 1st of this year, in an effort to promote wellness, excercise, decrease the amount of vehicle exhaust in the air, etc.  I was waiting on the train at 7th Street one day and noticed they had some bikes that you could rent. It's an annual $65.00 membership or you can just swipe your credit/debit card and pay $8.00 for a 24-hour pass or if you don't need it for a whole day, then it appears you can check the bike out for free for the first 30 minutes then it will be $4.00 for each additional half-hour. If you decide to check out one of these bikes, make sure you lock it up real good, or else there will be a nice $1,000 replacement fee, there is also a tracking device on the bike as well. There's 200 bikes available at 20 stations. They also come equipped with a cute little basket on the front that can hold up to 20 pounds.

I think it's a good program for those who want to exercise in efforts to stay healthy. Me personally, if I can't ride on the sidewalk, I will not be riding. Something about those bike lanes that's no wider than my computer screen doesn't sit well with me, especially with folks talking and texting while driving, I would hate to get my rims bent up and my legs broke. So if you would like to take advantage of the B-Cycle Program, by all means help yourself and have fun.

Be Blessed, Be Safe and Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment