Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Job Security- What's That?

Happy Almost Friday! I hope everyone is enjoying their week.

In response to some recent layoffs that I've heard about, two yesterday and one today, about 7 or 8 people in one month, not to mention one of them is out of the office today, I started thinking, is there a such thing as job security anymore? People are loosing their jobs like you lose pocket change in the couch! One lady got laid off and had been with the company 16 years! That's a long time and a lot of energy to invest in a company. You would think they would keep someone who has that many years of experience for their knowledge alone. Although I'm sure she received a great severance package, and who knows, she may be glad, but its a lot of years. So now her work has to be divided between others who already have a heavy workload. </p>
<p>Personally, I think companies want cheaper labor and aren't willing to make a long term commitment, so they hire temps to get them caught up or they wait until the summer to get college students who are doing internships. I've seen job descriptions with at least 20-30 duties paying 10.00 an hour, plus they want you to have a Masters degree on Engineering just to work on the mailroom. I've seen a job description that wanted you have a 4-year Law Degree to be a Secretary/Admin Assistant. You would've thought they wanted an Attorney. Nope, Secretary. I'm thinking, a person with a Law Degree may want a job as a Lawyer, but that's just my thinking.
Jobs are going moreso than coming. All I can say is God is my security and He keeps us afloat even when I get an electronic call from an agency that I was laid off and I hadn't worked there in over a month! Now who's doing their paperwork that you don't know who is there and who isn't? Yes, I got laid off from a job I wasn't even working at. Reality is there will always be layoffs, there will never be a100% employment rate no matter who they blame. We just have to hope and pray for the best. So in the midst of it all, BE BLESSED, BE SAFE AND SMILE! LOOK FOR YOUR RAINBOW IN THE MIDST OF THE RAINSTORM.

No comments:

Post a Comment