Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Day Closer to Friday!

Good afternoon to my awesome readers! I'm so glad you took the time out of your busy day to read my blog posts.  It is truly appreciated. I started my blog almost two months ago and I think 900+ page views is pretty good for a rookie blogger. So I just want to say THANK YOU!

So, today I decided to blog about something I saw on TV that was quite disturbing (don't worry, I didn't post any gruesome pics). I was watching a talk show, I can't figure out the hosts name, he has a British accent. He had people on his show that did plastic surgery on themselves! Yes, I'm talking about nip/tuck, botox, eye lifts, etc. One lady, filed down her teeth with a nail file, she made braces for her teeth, and she did dermabrasion, whatever that is. There was another lady that was injecting botox at home! I had to change the channel, it just just to creepy to watch. Of course he had a doctor/plastic surgeon on there to explain to them just how dangerous it is to do these types of things at home, although it can be just as dangerous to go to a plastic surgeon as well. Renee, from Mob Wives almost died from having plastic surgery. Kanye West's mom died from complications due to cosmetic surgery and James Brown's wife, Adrienne died on the surgery table. Now if this can happen in a doctor's office what do you think can happen at home!

I'm sure we all have something that we want to change on our outward appearance and I'm not saying you shouldn't look your best, but my goodness all of that cutting, opening up your body parts and the recovery! My goodness!There are some who may need cosmetic surgery due to certain things that have happened in life, but just to go under the knife because you want to look like Barbie is just crazy.  I think Hollywood gives off this false standard of what beauty is. We see all of these beautiful faces with flawless skin and say, I wish I could have flawless skin like that. Well the truth is you can. Maybeline, Mac, Revlon, etc. will definitely help you achieve that look. These celebrities sometimes spend at least an hour getting all made up to look perfect under the lights on the stage and while walking the red carpet. Even on the fashion circuit, most of the runway models look like they wear a size 000. The truth is we don't know what they are putting themselves through to remain 'stick figure' thin. A newsflash to some of these designers, everybody is not a size 000 and alot of that stuff is ugly! Five-thousand dollars worth of pure ugly! Anyway, we have to realize, these people are human, they have to wake up, wash their face, bursh their teeth and bathe just like we do. Have you seen some of these celebrities without their 'face' on?! GOOD LAWD! They need makeup! Truth is, they don't walk around with their stage make up on everyday, all day. Face it, it takes a lot of time and effort to achieve those Hollywood looks. I look at some of those 'housewives' on TV and I'm like dang, please stop it. Some of them are just crazy looking! I don't even knock people that may get a little botox every now and then, but some of these women look like they are in the tanning salon, everyday; getting injections everyday; implants every six months and a new cosmetic procedure every year. I mean, eventually your body is going to say, damn it I quit! Some of their lips look like duck bills. Some even go so far as to go to other countries to get these procedures done because the doctors in the US advised them it was too risky.

I said all of that, to say this, don't define your beauty by someone else's standards. Some of those people may be beautiful with or without make up, but some of them have some of the nastiest attitudes you would ever want to encounter. I'm not saying that you shouldn't eat right, exercise, or take good care of your health and bodies. After all, we only get one body (although some do get additional body parts or rearrange the ones they have) and one life, so we should definitely do our best to take care of ourselves, but I know there is something beautiful about all of us, inside and out. What's the purpose of going through life looking beautiful on the outside but have no inward beauty, it's fruitless. Word to the wise, beauty fades, but your personality, the way you treat people and the things you do is what counts.

I hope that everyone is having a good week and until next post....BE SAFE, BE BLESSED, AND SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment