Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 20, 2012

Randomness.....

Greeting all, I hope that everyone had a great week and I know that you are glad that it is the weekend!
I just have some random thoughts to post this evening.

To start, for anyone that lives in the Chicagoland area (my hometown-Chi town) please be careful, I heard that it's pretty nasty outside so please be careful and drive safely.  You can get another car, but there's only one you, so please be careful.  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with those massive snow storms of Chicago and Milwaukee. I remember living in Milwaukee working at one of the banks there and the news was reporting a huge snow storm coming and they stayed open, although most people began to leave work early especially if they lived far away. When I lived in Chicago and worked in Niles, IL, I ended up driving in a big snow storm, took forever to get home. I can recall another time when I lived in Milwaukee and went to Chicago, got caught in the snow storm coming home.  It took me four hours and that's no more than a two hour trip. So PLEASE be careful! Here in Carolina, it's been rainy and it's expected to last through the weekend so anybody in the Charlotte area, please be careful. Driving in the rain is just as dangerous as driving in the snow, so slow down and get there in one piece!

I was leaving the nail shop and of course there was an accident up the road and I don't understand why people are so in a rush to get in a traffic jam, especially when they see the ambulance coming. Why block traffic and make it even harder for medical help to get through and like I said, they usually end up behind another car stuck in the traffic jam. All I'm saying is please be considerate of emergency vehicles trying to get to someone in need.

About food...I've been thinking about the foods I almost always cook and I need to change it up. I need to cook something different for a change. I've got a couple of cookbooks and I was just browsing through them and there is some really great looking dishes in there with simple ingredients and not alot of prep or cooking time and it's healthy, so I that's going to be something I do in the new year.

I would like to hear from you, so feel free to comment. Until next post, thank you for your support and have a SAFE weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment