Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 23, 2012

Yes, It's Monday!

HELLO FABULOUS READERS!!! It's give me great pleasure to say that my blog reached 1,000 page views over the weekend and I'm so excited!!! I couldn't have done it without you, and I'm truly excited. I'm hoping that in the next few months I can do some upgrading and post more often during the day. But in the meantime, I'll still be posting, so once again THANK YOU ALL!

Onto the Monday morning/afternoon....the baby is sleeping so I better put my typing skills to the test and get this post done. I was watching Beyonce's video Who Run The World and listening to the words, the video really doesn't match what she's saying. Now ladies we ALL know we are built to build it up and hold it down, but watching this video gives me the impression that in order to run the world or get what we want we have to be damn near naked! I mean you got women 'cat creeping' in lingerie and bouncing all over the screen. Now if I was to remake this video, I would show some women in high positions and even if you're a stay at home mom, it's still a high calling because running the household and taking care of a family takes skills. How about showing some women in a boardroom full of men and SHE is conducting the meeting and she's hold their attention, not because she's standing there in stilettos and and see thru nightgown, but she's got her corporate suit on and is 'running things' or how about showing Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama addressing thousands of people. Show scene with women signing paychecks, running construction sites, running her own company and when she walks in a room people know to get it together. Show moms working in the office and coming home being greeted by a family that loves her and is catering to her; why not show women judges ruling over a case. I'm just saying, we as women are multi-talented but why not show us in a more professional or business light. I'm not saying the women have to be dressed in 10 layers of clothing, but we can be sexy, yet covered up. I think the video should show women using their brains and not give the impression that we have to use our bodies......I'm just saying.....

As a mother of daughters and especially a teen daughter I emphasize to her all the time, although a man have a physical attraction to you, show him your mind! Make him want you for your mind and not just your body. You can always dress up the outside, but baby have something going on inside. He needs to see your personality and your character and your strength and if he's not interested in that, then he can step off. I see young girls and lot of them look at least 20, and they need to understand that if you're letting it all hang out like that do you really think a man is going to say, oooohhhhh look at her butt or her breasts, I bet she real smart..NOT! His thoughts is, oooohhh I wanna hit that! Our young girls needs to understand that all ATTENTION does not carry good INTENTION and they need to watch the things they do, say and how they carry themselves. It's possible to be classy without being trashy. Our young ladies need to know McDonald's is not a dinner date in this day and time. At least go to Applebee's. I also emphasize to her watch these little 'boys' find out what his goals are in life, and if he's really trying to put forth the effort to reach those goals. He needs to have some direction, some plans. If he talking about he want to be an engineer but he wants to drop out of school, you need to give him the side eye and question his motives. There some good guys out there and they want nice girls to want to accomplish positive things in live and believe me, I have prayed and asked God to put one on layaway for my teen daughter so that when the time comes he will be ready for her and she will be ready for him. As far as my baby girl, I'm going to pray the same thing, Lord please put her a good Godly man on layaway.

Now my teen did at one time call herself having a so-called boyfriend and yes, momma nipped that in the butt! Focus on your school work and your education. Your books are your boyfriend! I tell her it's not wrong with you liking a li'l ole boy, just know that momma is not going really like anybody because you my big baby. Maybe when she gets 16 or 17, but I've given her the talk. Tell that li'l boy he ain't getting no 'twinkies' (you know what I'm saying). I've given her the reproduction story broken down to wear she has no excuse. In this day and time, it truly is best to wait until you're married. I'm real old school. I believe in meeting whoever is interested in my daughter, and yes, momma gets license plates, car description, what you're wearing, where you're going, etc. and you must come to the door and pick up my daughter. There will be NO honking the horn in my driveway, thinking she's going to run outside, it don't work like that. You come and introduce yourself, have a seat and yes I will question the hell out of you. I will look you up in the public database for any criminal activity, and believe me, momma already said a prayer. I know I can't hold onto her forever, and yes she will be on her, but I will always be momma and will do my best to protect her the best way I can.

The hubby just brought pizza, so I'm going to grab me something to eat and chill out. I hope you enjoyed my post and feel free to leave me a comment. Let me know what you think. I'm sure that same person has not viewed my blog 1,000 times. So give me some feedback!

Until next post...BE BLESSED, BE SAFE AND SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment