Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

You Don't Have To Be Old.....

I read the news about the passing of comedian, Patrice Oneal who died Tuesday morning. He was only 41, and we recently loss a great musician, Heavy D at the age of 44, Bernie Mac and Michael Jackson at the age of 50. It had me thinking, wow, nowadays you don't have to be old to die. Remember when our elders live to be well past 75? Doesn't seem to be happening now. Death does discriminate against race, age, sex, or social status. We all have to meet that fate.

In this day and time it's no guarantee to even see the end of the day. We need to live everyday like it's our last with laughter, having joy, and doing positive things. We also need to do our best to take care of our health. We only get one body and when we don't treat it right, it lets us know. Sure there are people that eat right, live right and still get sick, but, we still need to take care of ourselves.

Also, we need to not procrastinate. I came across an article on a Christian blog called It's Time To Do It, http://www.thechristianwoman.com/devotions/time-to-do-it.html It was really awesome to read because I myself, do procrastinate alot and I need to stop doing that and jump in knowing that as long as I have faith in God that as long as I am doing right He will see me through. Can you imagine the things that these men had on their 'to do' list, but never go to it? How many things are on our 'to do' list that we have been putting off of days, weeks, months, years. People it's time to get it together and do it. Like I said before the end of the day is not even promised to us. So as the new year approaches let's get rid of everything negative, hatred, envy, jealously, arguing, dislike, unforgiveness, etc and go into the new year with a new mind set.

I truly look at those that have passed on and I thank God for all that He has done for me and my family, my natural family and my spiritual family. I will always acknowledge Him because I know without Him, there is NO way I would be here. As I look back over my life, I know I shouldn't be here, not because I lived a rough lifestyle, because I never did, but a couple of incidents that happened to me should have taken me out, but I know it was God that blocked it because there is a purpose for my life and now it's time for me to show Him how much I appreciate all that He has done. God has given me great talents, and the saying goes, if you don't use it, you will loose it and I don't want to loose my gifts because I know that they will help many. It's time for us all to get rid of that 'to do' list and just do it.....

Until next post, Be blessed and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment